Friday, July 11, 2014

Green Ox Gives You Wings!

This is the end of a quest line that tormented me for weeks and weeks and weeks. The very idea of this quest line gave birth to many late-night Facebook Bitstrips dripping frustration and sarcasm. And of course, we must blame Berdine because it's tradition—and not because he was the little green representative of the vile black dragon's spawn, bullying me through a computer screen to "get it done already!", no, not for that reason, no.


Anduin: A chill just went up my spine!
Wrathion: Something tells me our friend has returned triumphant.



? Heart of the Thunder King

Wrathion: Ahh - the heart of a King. The powers of a God.
Anduin: What are you doing? You're not seriously going to eat that-
Wrathion: It is filled with Titan magic, the very language of creation...


Wrathion walks to the railing, and eats the heart.

Wrathion: Oh - I see them - a million, million worlds - glittering in their perfection - but one above all others - oh -
(Then, in a possessed voice)

WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.
Anduin: What are you trying to pull?
Wrathion: It is gone. I don't remember any of it. Oh! None of them remember. The irony!
 
Anduin: What are you talking about? I don't trust you.
Wrathion: You are wise not to. Champion, I need time to..."digest" what I have learned. But soon, we will take action.


Wrathion: I will meet you at each of the four shrines, champion.

Wrathion transforms, and flies away.



(¯`·._(¯`·._( Yu'lon )_.·´¯)_.·´¯)


Wrathion: The Jade Serpent is the incarnation of wisdom in Pandaria. Let's see what she has to say. Great Jade Serpent! Hear our plea. My champion and I seek the blessing of your wisdom.
Yu'lon: Ah, the dragon-child and the hero. Together you will achieve great things. Tell me, dragon-child: What is the nature of wisdom?
Wrathion: To do what is right, no matter the cost. That is wisdom.
Yu'lon: Spoken like a true child of the Aspects. Always seeking to change the world. But true wisdom comes from KNOWING what is right. And sometimes, DOING nothing at all.
Wrathion: When is it ever wise not to act for the greater good?
Yu'lon: To learn THAT is to learn true wisdom. Come forward! I will give you my blessing.




 (¯`·._(¯`·._( Niuzao )_.·´¯)_.·´¯)


Wrathion says: Here we are, the home of Niuzao, the Black Ox. He is the patron spirit of Pandaren fortitude, the only celestial who chooses to live beyond the wall. Mighty Black Ox! Hear our plea. My champion and I seek your blessing of fortitude.
Niuzao says: So enters the dragon, and his mortal champion. You are welcome here. Tell me, Black Prince: What is the nature of fortitude?
Wrathion says: The strength to overcome any hardship! This is fortitude.
Niuzao says: You confuse strength with fortitude, young dragon. But power is worthless without spirit. I have seen humble slaves endure unimaginable torture, only to rise up and overthrow their masters. And I have seen the mightiest of emperors laid low by the perseverance of the smallest of enemies.
Wrathion says: You mean to say - physical strength is developed without, but fortitude comes from within?
Niuzao says: Precisely!
Wrathion says: ...Sure, I knew that.
Niuzao says: Of course you did.



(¯`·._(¯`·._( Chi-Ji )_.·´¯)_.·´¯)


Wrathion says: The Red Crane of Hope has inspired the citizens of Pandaria from the very dawn of history. I very much want to speak with him. Great Red Crane! Hear our plea. My champion and I seek your blessing of hope.
Chi-Ji says: My my, the child of the Worldbreaker, proof that none are beyond redemption. I am honored by your visit. Tell me, son of the Earth-Warder: What is the nature of hope?
Wrathion says: Hope is... a belief in a better tomorrow.
Chi-Ji says: You speak, but you doubt your own words.
Wrathion says: ...Great Crane. You have not seen what I have seen.
Chi-Ji says: You underestimate me.
Wrathion says: ...the fires that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth. Seas of blood, cities in ruin! Who are we - one divided world - to stand against a legion? You speak of hope. Believe me, the thinnest sliver of belief that we might somehow survive the coming devastation is all that sustains me.
Chi-Ji says: Rise, son of Deathwing. I will give you my blessing, for you need it more than any I have ever met. I challenge you not to think of hope as a vague and unimaginable future. Live EVERY day with hope in your heart. In doing so, you CREATE the future you dream of.
Wrathion says: ...thank you, Great Crane.



For all intents and purposes, I cannot find the screenshots that went with Octavien and Wrathion's rendez-vous with Xuen, so we'll leave it at that. :) Anyway, this post is already long enough.

2 comments:

Navimie said...

Yay!!! Gawd Anou I still can't find you....

Elisa said...

LOL Navi! I sent you that err... Whatsitcalled... Battle thingy!

Post a Comment

 
;