Saturday, August 18, 2012

Event #2: Hammer Throw!

The hammers have been thrown and the judges have measured the distance. Here are the results of the second event.

Congratulations to the winners!

The Gold medal winner (Undercity) was simply incredible with a score of 386. Wow. And I must admit, I love it on a troll! My personal favorites were Lower City, Silver Covenant and Exodar in no specific order.

Lower City, Undercity, Silver Covenant, Exodar Contestants

Not a big fan of maces, what can I say? Pfft. Excuses, excuses. I'll admit I stuck to my fashion "principles"—epic is overkill—and I knew this outfit was not one of my strongest. The reason I stayed with it is because I felt that it was achievable and still flashy. I mean look at those pants.

Please welcome Corrick McCord!

Corrick McCord

 Let's hear Elcombe's commentary on the event:

"The League of Arathor is next, as we settle down to the final three entries in today’s competition.  He taps the hammer against each boot for luck and releases a strong overhead throw…looks like he might’ve snapped it a bit there.  It comes down hard and 336 says Logard.  I’ll say it once more, that’s still an effort to be incredibly proud of."

Featured above: Fel-Steel Warhelm, Heavy Mithril Shoulder, Alabaster Breastplate, Reaver Gloves, Girdle of Many Blessings, Emerald Legplates, Heavy Lamellar Boots, Earthwarden.

"In a recent interview, Corrick admits to having had one too many bowls of Haggis before going onto the field. His wife Birgit was hassling him about it (we could hear her voice echoing through the halls after him), but as any self-respecting dwarf, he paid her no heed. Birgit also disclosed to us that her husband wears that great-helm to make him appear taller; 'He's very self-conscious about his height,' she explained."

~The Trollbane Tribune
Athlete's Profile

So, here were the rules:

"Hammer Throw – Build an outfit around your favourite two-handed hammer." And "Your event entry must be able to use the outfit as a proper end-game transmog (so no Gnomes in Shaman gear or Goblin Rogues entering the discus)."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;